Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Panoramic Pictures

Hi, This is my first question on this forum. I purchased a K20d in the Spring of 2009. Is there a way that I am able to do panoramic photos with this camera? Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Lynn

09-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lyn,

I do not believe there is a built in panoramic function if that is what you are asking.

However, I make panoramas by stitching multiple photos together. It is absurdly easy with the correct software. I use Photoshop Elements 7 but I think many programs will allow you to do this. If you try a web search I suspect you will find several that are free as well.

I use a tripod and level to get it right although it is possible to hand hold if you are careful. Take 3 to 7 shots of the area you want to blend making sure each shot overlaps by at least 25%.

The hard part is getting the photos' exposure to match. Pay special attention to how the light changes as you move through the sequence. Ideally it will not change the exposure at all, but usually you have to compensate a bit. I find doing it all manual gives more reliable results.
09-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
jatrax

Thank you for the information. I will be sure to give it a try.

Lynn
10-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've used a free program called Autostitch before, with good results.

10-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have also used AutoStitch several times with good results. I don't do enough pano stitching to justify upgrading from the AutoStitch demo:

AutoStitch