Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2006, 11:50 AM   #1

Hello from Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Just registered this morning (its 10:44 here), and thought I should introduce myself.

First and foremost...I'm a lurker! I don't seem to get much opportunity to post, but I try to read everything I can on the forums. I've been a member at dpreview since October 2003, and I expect to be a member here for a lot longer thant that.

I'm NOT a good photographer. I try hard, but never seem to get the perfect shot. I love to look at other people's stuff, though, and get inspired.

I'm really looking forward to being on this forum!

Ian Mc.

12-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You'll surely learn a lot a here and then be able to get the perfect shot as some point I hope you enjoy your stay!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome here Ian! Another BC'ite.

Oh the perfect image... that concept seems to change with time... constantly. Hope you find it but also don't hesitate in posting anything you grab while you're trying... it's what every single photographer does. :-)

Looking forward to your posts here.

Cheers!
-Asad
12-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Ian. I ain't a good shot either. But then, I've been told many times - I am my worst enemy and biggest critic.

12-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ian U agree with JC we are all ( I think) our worst critics. I can't beleive in all those years you have not got a few good ones. Welcome aboard and show us soem of your stuff.
12-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Ian, welcome. I have lurked for years at other sites and been very inspired. All of which has led me to improve my photography. One thing that gets each one of us better is to get some constructive critiques of our work. Don't be afraid to post, we all appreciate the work of others and learn from it as well as offer our opinions. There are no perfect works from my camera, only continuous attempts to improve. Join us.
12-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dgimcmillan Quote
I'm NOT a good photographer. I try hard, but never seem to get the perfect shot. I love to look at other people's stuff, though, and get inspired.
I think their is quite a few of us here that would feel just the same.