Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2010, 08:38 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Evenin' all

I'm in Rotherham, in the People's Republic of South Yorkshire. I've just started using a K10d after disappointments with two Irish dslrs - the O'Lympus E-1 and E-330. The K10d isn't perfect - are any? - but looks to be doing most of what I want and at a price I wanted to pay!

Having taken photographs for about fifty years I hope I'll be able to put as much into the group as I take out.

BFN
David

10-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, and welcome. LOL - love the wry description for the Oly's.

I'm a Samsung GX10 and GX20 user for my sins and love the results I get with my old Pentax glass. I'm also an old ex-Pro of 73 yrs and constantly reflect on how photography has changed and developed. I don't add as much to this group as I would like but do enjoy the topics and remarks. Have fun and enjoy!
11-17-2010, 05:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

welcome, we crossed paths on the concert thread, i too am a illtle older (50) shooting since 72, I also have an oly (e300 anyone want one) but then i went pentax (ist ds any one want one)
then k 10
I'm on the cusp of something new (to me anyway) but the Scottish blood in me is clamping down on the wallet (not to mention the director of finance at home who thinks the 10 cameras i have should be enough - they never are though as a friend who shoots leica put it the whisper of a ne shutter is like a tender kiss to a photographer
11-18-2010, 01:03 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Scottish blood? I've got about half a gallon, having a Scottish father, English mother and having been born and brought up in Edinburgh. I'm sure that the ladies (all right, then, just some of them) see cameras as just another domestic appliance, therefore you only need one!

11-18-2010, 03:14 AM   #5

hey you..how you doin'?
11-18-2010, 03:46 AM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good to have you on board - welcome and enjoy the forums.
Look forward to your contributions here.
11-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Well thars' a wee somthin - I'm half Scottish on my mother's side. Understand she came from Nairn but attempts to trace the auld folk have failed.

Maybe with a few more Scots we could start our own 'Scottish Pentax Group'.