Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #1

rangerbob

Ola from North Carolina. My K-10d has been to Ireland, Alaska, Germany, British Tortola, and lots of other places in the us. My K-10 does everthing I want it to do. I started out on the marketplace looking for the best walk-around lens. Any suggetions?

Later,

rangerbob

10-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome.

For the best walk around lens, I would suggest the 18-250mm, which is kind of hard to find now. There is a Tamron equivalent as well.

In a few weeks, Pentax is supposed to put out an 18-125 WR lens. That one may be worth waiting for.
10-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #3

It depends a lot on your needs. Do you need a very wide zoom range or not?

If the answer is yes, try the Sigma 18-125mm or 18-200mm, or the now discontinued Pentax 18-250mm.

If you don't need such a wide zoom range and are looking for more wide angle than tele possibilities, the DA 17-70mm F/4 and DA 16-45mm F/4 are both worth a look: the former is better overall but more expensive, while the later is very affordable and still a decent performer.

The upcoming DA 18-135mm WR might be worth it too, especially considering it's a good match for the weather sealed K10D.

Hope it helps,
10-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums!