Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
An AMAZING forum.

I simply have to post this. This is truly an amazing forum with lots of info. I am planning to get into photography and my K10D is in the mail.

I've owned a Canon S50 P&S (with Av/Tv/M/custom, bracketing of all sorts, ISO control, metering including spot metering etc.) and was obviously looking into The new Canon XTi, 30D or may be even the new 40D. I was very knowledgable of canon gear. But, finally decided to order the K10D along with a starter walk-around lens Tamron 18-250 but was'nt too comfortable with all the lens choices etc., and was hoping to learn through the web.

The only apprehension was the lack of community support as compared to Nikon or Canon, but found a few sites that had dedicated PentaxSLR . So, I went ahead and ordered it. But, after reading through the forum in this very popular site I was put-off by the lack of answering newbie questions but rather a condecending tone in most replies, with mostly trying to find technical errors in the question and not answering it (not personally at me, just using the search function, and I never posted a question).

In the last hour of reading through this forum, I've learned everything I wanted to know for now. What a great resource with friendly responses to newbies, where a newbie like me feels welcomed.

Thank you!

Last edited by pcarfan; 09-09-2007 at 07:50 PM.
09-09-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome !! you are right, this is a great forum for sure !!!
09-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Welcome!
The Tamron is a good choice and a fine lens for general photography. I made an informal comparison with my Pentax FA24-90, and the Tamron definitely held its ground.
09-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #4
Forum Member

I definately agree. There is no better forum online for Pentax info.