Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2010, 02:53 AM   #1

Help for new pentax owner k-z

Hi everyone i am new to the site my good lady wife brought me a new pentax k-z with a 50mm lens,i have only been use to using a small digtal camera,so as my wife brought this camera for me ,i was hoping some one can help me as i would like very much to take wide life photo`s,so can some one help in what lens to buy,i am on a very small buget,thanks for reading and hope to start using camera soon after learning how to use it first,lol,thanks again for looking and hoping for more advise very soon,all the best regards pete.

10-11-2010, 05:34 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hello, I'm hoping that you made a typo and ment a Kx, a very nice camera, I'd like one my self but my wallet doesn't agree.
So you'd like to take wildlife photos, you would want a decent zoom lens 200mm to 300mm, on ebay the sigma 70~300mm go roughly around the $100 - $150 mark and the Tamron go for about the same, if your really hard up some of the older lenses can work well to and go for under $100. Try you can get one with Macro, you may never use it, but you don't want to find out a year down the track that it's something that you want to do but don't have a lens for it.

Theres a 500mm lens on ebay from the US thats just under $100 now with that you wouldn't need to leave the house !!!! lol.

Also if you find lens you like you can check on here under lenses for a review.
I missed a old 300mm from ebay for $25.00 intotal, perfect condition, keep looking and research your top picks, you don't want to be let down after shelling out all your dosh to find it won't do what you want and your stuck with it because you can't afford another.

take care and good luck.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Matt/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Matt/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
any more questions i'm here to help, you can check youtube as well, just search for wildlife photography or how to do it, it'll tell you the settings to use and tips that are very helpful.

take care.