Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-02-2006, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from Norway

Me too is one of them coming from the dpreview forum. Too crowded there for the moment.

I first bought a Practika when I was in the army in northern part of Norway. Found out I had to do something in my spare time there. But it was a Practika and didn't last long. So I bought a Pentax Program A which I used for ages until it become rusty. A Pentax MZ5 was my next camera, which was good, but had too much of a plastic feel. I found the *istD to be too expensive in Norway and didn't bought my first digital until *istDS was available. And now I am waiting for my K10D. Only three days more to wait

I have some lenses, yes. Most of them primes. I think my finest ones are the FA77 and the DA14.

12-02-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like you have some great glass. Welcome and hope you K10 get s there soon.
12-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome. You sound like a seasoned phototog and I look forward to your posts.
12-03-2006, 01:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome StigVidar
Looking forward to some nice photos from Norway. Where in Norway are you from? I have a cousin in Trondheim and I have spent some time in the south of Norway.

Cheers

Eddie

12-03-2006, 03:14 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mingdie Quote
Welcome StigVidar
Looking forward to some nice photos from Norway. Where in Norway are you from? I have a cousin in Trondheim and I have spent some time in the south of Norway.

Cheers

Eddie

I am from Stavanger which is located south on the west coast. It is shorter distance from where I live to England than to Trondheim. My brother is living in Trondheim and I have been living in Trondheim myself for several years. Nice city, but perhaps located to close to the polar circle :-)
12-03-2006, 09:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
Me too is one of them coming from the dpreview forum. Too crowded there for the moment.

I first bought a Practika when I was in the army in northern part of Norway. Found out I had to do something in my spare time there. But it was a Practika and didn't last long. So I bought a Pentax Program A which I used for ages until it become rusty. A Pentax MZ5 was my next camera, which was good, but had too much of a plastic feel. I found the *istD to be too expensive in Norway and didn't bought my first digital until *istDS was available. And now I am waiting for my K10D. Only three days more to wait

I have some lenses, yes. Most of them primes. I think my finest ones are the FA77 and the DA14.
HI stigvider

welcome!
I have never been to Norway, but always wanted to go there. I used to have a online girlfriend that is from Oslo, but was born a small village near the most northernly part of Norway, on the coast. (can't remember the name)
she was telling me about these berries that grow up there (the nearest translation is Krake Berries) that is being investigated in cancer fighting ablilties.

looking forward to seeing some of your pics from there,

cheers.

PS she told me that if I went to Norway, my neck would be sore from turning my head around at so many beautiful ladies true?

randy
12-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Welcome aboard I'm glad you made the jump. I also hope to see some of your shots.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David

12-03-2006, 03:21 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
PS she told me that if I went to Norway, my neck would be sore from turning my head around at so many beautiful ladies true?

randy
Of course it is true!! But I suppose the swedish and french guys won't agree here, but they probably haven't been in Norway to have a look.
12-03-2006, 10:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Greetings....

ALso would like to visit your fine country. My ex-gf was or is from Norway....I forget her home town, but last I talked to her, she was in Bodo ...far from you?

maybe in a few years im gonna do a Euro Tour, and will definitely make Norway a stop
12-03-2006, 11:59 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by -=JoN=- Quote
Greetings....

ALso would like to visit your fine country. My ex-gf was or is from Norway....I forget her home town, but last I talked to her, she was in Bodo ...far from you?

maybe in a few years im gonna do a Euro Tour, and will definitely make Norway a stop
Yes, Bodø is about 1.600km driving from Stavanger. I have a house near Bodø in fact. Here is a picture from an area only a few kilometers from Bodø - http://www.heime.org/Lists/Photos/Shown%20in%20Sandnes%20Fotoklubb/Gildeskål.jpg
12-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
Yes, Bodø is about 1.600km driving from Stavanger. I have a house near Bodø in fact. Here is a picture from an area only a few kilometers from Bodø - http://www.heime.org/Lists/Photos/Shown%20in%20Sandnes%20Fotoklubb/Gildeskål.jpg

beautiful shot! if I remember correctly, the her home town was stogein..or something like that.....

would love to visit Svalbard too, try out some Ice Golf..eh...

I really have to take a trip out there

cheers

Jon
12-05-2006, 02:22 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Hi Stig,
It's good to see you here. Välkommen!