Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #1

Intro from Pentax lover in NJ.

Hi all. My name is Cherri and I live on the Jersey shore. I love photography and have always had it as a hobby, I am now looking a trying to make some money off my hobby like I suppose many others do as well.

Hmm about me. I am currently disabled, hurt on the job. I was a security supervisor at a Nuke power plant I will not be returning to that career and it has been hard to accept but I have my good ol' Pentax K10D to keep me company and make me smile I have 3 children with just one left to "grow up" she is 12 and also likes photography (yeah!) I have 1 German Shepherd and 2 Dachshunds as well as a cat and we have 3 parrots in the family. I love to read and have my own large library of books (DH hated when we moved lol)

Currently I have my K10D digital;m a ZX30 SLR and I picked up a old ME the other day. I have various glass (don't have everything memorized) I know I have a telephoto up to 300m and a 20-70m (nice slow lens) a wide angle, the typical 50mm (2 of those) I have a great add on flash p-ttl etc. I recently got a set of portrait lighting and have been have fun practicing. I am also taking NYIP's professional course. (Not bragging, just letting everyone know what I have if they are interested) Of course have some typical filters and tri and mono pods ect.

My passions as gardening and my pets (many of them) and of course my friends and family. I have a smugmug Cherri Pursell's Photos | SmugMug and love to share my pics, please feel free to comment any comments are welcome. I have to look into insurance as I would like to go to homes for my photography for family and pets any PMs about that would be awesome.

I am not usually this outgoing on an intro post but I am not on any other boards now and want somewhere to fit in and I just cannot take the pet boards anymore lol

I have a question as well.... with the old ME I picked up a great Sigma tele but it is a K mount without the typical "A" setting and it will not function on my K10D I may have asked this elsewhere on the board and I will go look but I cannot remember if it was this board I posed the question on which is can I get this lens to work on the K10D?

Thanks and nice to meet everyone! I am excited to be among other Pentax lovers

Cherri

10-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Cherri and good to have you on board.
Your old K-mount lenses will work fine on your K10D if you've set the camera to accept non-A lenses - check your custom menu settings for the option and select 'yes' to allow non-A lenses.
10-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hello Ash, yes I did find my question on this board and yes it worked (I just tried it) and I am soooo happy with this lens. Originally a very pricey lens for it's time and I got it with another lens and a camera

Thank you
Cherri
10-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kibblelady Quote
Hello Ash, yes I did find my question on this board and yes it worked (I just tried it) and I am soooo happy with this lens. Originally a very pricey lens for it's time and I got it with another lens and a camera

Thank you
Cherri
Welcome, Cherri. I've got two dachshunds, too. Even though I've never been on a pet forum (this is really the only online forum I frequent), I think it's safe to say that you'll like this place better.

10-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome guys Here are my two Doxies . We actually have 4 but the other 2 belong to my boys.

Last edited by Kibblelady; 10-15-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: add photo