Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #1

Analog greetings from Sweden

Hi my name is Thomas and live in Stockholm, Sweden.
My DSLR has gone dead so i thought i give an old inherited Pentax ME super a go. Registered myself here today and have just bought my first analog films for quite some years now(Fujicolor Superia X-TRA 400).

My favorite foto's is summer sports, usually wake boarding or motor sports, especially go carting but also some sailing.

I know more or less nothing about analog photographic but i do already enjoy the superior viewfinder and the easygoing of the camera. The glasses also feels alot better than the shitty kit lenses i used to run with my DSLR.

I will use my "new" pentax with:
Pentax M 50mm 1.4
Pentax M zoom 75-150 4
Pentax M 28 2
Winder II
Different filters...Will probably pick up an green or orange filter if i find one....

Will shoot some pictures of the kids during the weekend and turn it in. Hopefully everything works as it should. After all it is an 30 year old camera, but it feels rock solid!

Cheers,
Thomas

10-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome. You may want to look at the seals the mirror hits when in use. They get gummy and sticky at that age. You can get new ones and replace them yourself.
10-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Thomas.

There isn't that much difference in film (analog) photography and digital - unless of course you only shoot automatic all the time with a DSLR. IMO the one great thing about shooting film is that it does make you to think more about photography. There's none of this 'instant success' that goes with a modern digital camera.

I too have a ME Super and like you, enjoy the many great features of this still great camera. Like you, I also have a few good Pentax fit lenses, the quality of which is difficult to match now unless one spends an inordinate amount of money.

Hope you get your DSLR fixed eventually but do enjoy your time with film in the meantime.
10-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here Thomas.
You seem to have comfortably made the switch from digital to film.
Look forward to your contributions here.