Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm new here !!! Hi !!!

Hi all !

I'm a new member here. I'm a mod on another broadband related forum. One of our regular in the photography forum suggested this site as being filled with nice and knowledgeable people. I am nice, but not yet knowledgeable... hopefully, the latter will become truer as I learn from you guys

Anyhoo, all my life I shot with a point and shoot, always intrigued by the BIG professional looking SLR cameras. Now I am older and have enough money to get one... so I bought books, and learned how everything worked. Understanding Exposure has to be my favorite book, by the way.

I posted on multiple forums around the net, starting 2 months go. I asked about lenses, tripods, cameras... I haven't stopped shopping since then. I've put all the inputs together, and finally, I put an order in... and I'm so excited to get my stuff! It'll be here by Friday if I'm luckt ! Here it is:

QuoteQuote:
1x K10D Body
1x Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8
1x Pentax DA 50-200 f/4-5.6
1x Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4
1x Pentax DA 12-24mm f/4

3x 2GB SD Extreme III
1x D-L150 BATTERY for K10D
1x PENTAX D-BG2 Grip
1x Remote (battery,grip and remote all came together as a package)
1x O-ME53 Magnifying Eyecup for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras
1x Lowepro Sling Shot 300 AW Digital Camera Bag Back Pack
1x Pentax PEAF540FGZ AF-540 FGZ P-TTL Shoe Mount Flash

1x Bogen / Manfrotto 055MF3 Magfiber Pro Carbon Fiber 3-Section Tripod with 3275 Compact Geared Head

I can hear it already... yes, I spent a lot, but it's been a dream and a long time coming. You'll notice the lack of macro or up-close shots lenses... since I mostly do landscape and pets/babies shots, I have no need for that (yet).

So, what do you guys think about that setup? You think I'll have fun for the next months?

Happy to be a fellow Pentax user!