Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2010, 03:47 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Tuning in from WAIKIKI, West Australia

Hello members,
Currently have a Z10 digital and feel I'm not using it to it's full potential.
My main hobby is gold detecting but would like to improve my landscape and wildlife photography while travelling through our great outback.
Have tried but failed getting moon and star.
Hopefully I can get some guidance here?

Cheers
Peter

10-16-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome to yet another Aussie. Night shots of the moon are tough, because the exposure is badly set by all cameras when on auto modes. They all tend to overexpose the moon, so you're better off zooming in and going to manual mode yourself to try your hand at quicker shutter speeds and see what you get. Check out the settings on the many moon shots posted on this forum.
10-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #3

G'Day from WA. I've just recently joined myself. It's a great place for info/help from so many friendly members. Good luck experimenting, and finding that elusive Nugget