Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2010, 03:28 AM   #1

The Canadian Kid

Here is a quick post to say hello, get to know everyone, make the small icon at the top of the forum disappear, etc.

So, I am a 20 year old outdoors enthusiast from Vancouver, Canada. Sitting here in Copenhagen, Denmark, I decided to become a little more serious about my hobby, and to that end, have joined this forum (as well as the one over at DPReview) for discussion, advice and criticism. Maybe to drool over things that are way too expensive for my broke ass to afford, too.

My terrible Australian camera bag, such as it is, contains:
A heavily used, second hand K10D which has had half its eyecup removed
My favorite lens, a SMC-M F1.7 50MM Prime
My most commonly used lens, a Tamron SP 10-24MM F3.5-4.5 DiII Wide Angle Zoom
As well as the kit lens, a SMC-DA F3.5-5.6 18-55MM AL
All the requisite UV filters in their various sizes, as well as a polarizing filter for the Kit lens.

I have found this kit to be an absolute BLAST for landscape photography and candid portraits, and am hoping to expand my range just a little bit to try and find all the pictures to be had in everyday life.

So: Hello! It's a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you better.

10-19-2010, 05:39 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here. So you're a Canadian living in Denmark with Aussie gear. Right? Hope you enjoy your time on the forum anyway.

You've got a decent kit for what you shoot, so we look forward to seeing some of your results here.