Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #1

New Pentaxian with a K-r arriving today!

Hello Pentax Forums!

I have just ventured into the world of DSLRs with my K-r coming today! I cant wait to open it up and check it out. I also ordered a Pentax SMCP DA 18-55 AL II. Im excited to play wtih the K-r and check out all the great features.

I have loved photography for years and but never invested much in cameras. My most expensive camera is still my Canon Powershot s3 IS. I bought it nearly 5 years ago. But things change and I decided it was time to invest in a proper camera that I could learn and grow with.

I considered Nikon vs Canon since thats what the big boys play with but the expense was overwhelming. I wanted to stay with Canon but i couldnt justify the price with the shortcomings of the different models I looked at (Rebel Xsi, 1ti, 2ti). So I went to Nikon which has some great cameras and I even bought a D5000 with kit lens from adorama.com.

I was reasonably pleased with the D5000. Pictures looked good, video was ehh just average, but it was fast for its size and purpose. But it lacked some more features I really thought should have been there from the start. Like built in HDR which I look forward to working with on my K-r.

During my research I found the K-x was a dynamite camera with a few drawbacks. I wanted to but the K-x originally but the perceived flaws held me back. But after playing with the Nikon for a month I sent it back and am now anxiously awaiting the arrival of my K-r.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

10-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and have fun with your journey.
10-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here, and I'm sure the K-r will impress you. Welcome.
10-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter

I used to have a d60 and my k-r should be here in the next couple days! Yay! I got it for the same reasons.

welcome

QuoteOriginally posted by enjoytheride Quote
Hello Pentax Forums!

I have just ventured into the world of DSLRs with my K-r coming today! I cant wait to open it up and check it out. I also ordered a Pentax SMCP DA 18-55 AL II. Im excited to play wtih the K-r and check out all the great features.

I have loved photography for years and but never invested much in cameras. My most expensive camera is still my Canon Powershot s3 IS. I bought it nearly 5 years ago. But things change and I decided it was time to invest in a proper camera that I could learn and grow with.

I considered Nikon vs Canon since thats what the big boys play with but the expense was overwhelming. I wanted to stay with Canon but i couldnt justify the price with the shortcomings of the different models I looked at (Rebel Xsi, 1ti, 2ti). So I went to Nikon which has some great cameras and I even bought a D5000 with kit lens from adorama.com.

I was reasonably pleased with the D5000. Pictures looked good, video was ehh just average, but it was fast for its size and purpose. But it lacked some more features I really thought should have been there from the start. Like built in HDR which I look forward to working with on my K-r.

During my research I found the K-x was a dynamite camera with a few drawbacks. I wanted to but the K-x originally but the perceived flaws held me back. But after playing with the Nikon for a month I sent it back and am now anxiously awaiting the arrival of my K-r.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.