Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2010, 06:55 AM   #1

[langtitle=fr]Bonjour[/langtitle]

Bonjour,
je suis pierre-andré, je pratique la photo depuis longtemps et reste fidèle à Pentax. Mon premier appareil etait un MX; aujourd'hui c'est un Kx.
Je suis interessé par des echanges d'info sur le matériel.
Cordialement
PA

10-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Hope your learn what you need!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by papou33 Quote
Bonjour,
je suis pierre-andré, je pratique la photo depuis longtemps et reste fidèle à Pentax. Mon premier appareil etait un MX; aujourd'hui c'est un Kx.
Je suis interessé par des echanges d'info sur le matériel.
Cordialement
PA
Hi Pierre-Andre.
I have a question for you. Recently bought the SMC Pentax 300mm prime. I found in the review your comments about a ring that fits. (Canon EF 100 F2.8 USM ring). The link you added brings me to Ebay but shows several rings. I found one that fits the Canon EF 100 F2.8 USM lens and the specifications show 68mm inner diameter. (Amazon.com: Tripod Mount Ring D New 100mm F2.8L for Canon EF Macro 100mm f/2.8L USM IS Lens: Electronics). Looking at my lens I do not see where 68mm would fit. Can you tell me how the ring fits on your lens? Maybe a picture would help.
Thanks,
Bert
02-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #4

Original Poster
tripod collar for FA*300mm

Hello Bert,

My lens is a FA*300mm/4.5. I bought from ebay a "Tripod Mount Ring A (W) for Canon EF 70-200mm f4L USM" (search for this reference)

It fits well the lens, tightly holds it and is quite effective for tripod mount.
I must say that is doesn't fit perfectly When mounted there is a gap of 2 mm at the screw (inner diameter of the collar is a little too small) but it doesn't bother.

You can find some discussion and picture of the ring mounted on the forum for example look at this link:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/sold-items/80444-sale-sold-fa-300mm-f4-5-...#ixzz2A3SYO2IK
The collar is mounted just above the diaphragm ring.

I also join a picture of the ring alone

I hope this will help you;
Sincerely
Pierre-André

Attached Images

02-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Pierre Andre,
Thought you had the SMC (no *). That explains it.
have a nice WE.

Bert