Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #1

Another New Member from Arkansas

I started looking into this forum over that past few weeks, anticipating the arrival of my K10D, and this seems to be the friendliest group around! My package should get here Monday - tempted to call in sick, but naa. I've been shooting for the past two and a half years with a Fujifilm S5100, and it's just way past time to move on up. Before that, an HP C500, and a Sears Dual2Program (Chinon?) w/Pentax lenses for years in the 80s and 90s. Hence my interest in Pentax. I've MISSED the control of an SLR, but couldn't resist the cost-effectiveness of digital, even the little 2MP.

I enjoy taking pictures of my kids (all in their 20s, so when I can!) and our grandaughter. No way I could pay for film as many as I take of her! I also enjoy nature, as in birds, lizards, sky, rocks, trees, etc, and looking at stars, the moon, and other bright things in the sky. I'm looking forward to seeing how much of the Milky Way I can fit into 10 MP! No big telescope yet, but I still enjoy it with 20x80 binocs and a camera!

I've learned a lot from all of you already, and expect to learn a lot more soon. Can't wait until MONDAY!!!

09-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
Forum Member

welcome, im new as well...:-)