Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2006, 04:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

A quick hello.

I've lurked here, pretty much since this site was started but have only gotten around to registerring today .

Anyways, I just thought I'd quickly introduce myself and say hi.

I've been shooting for around 10 years now, mostly shooting landscapes and (starting last year) birds/wildlife in and around the city. I started off with an old used OM-1, OM-4T, moving up to a Linhof Technika III, and once the kids arrived, an MZ-S (which was the first camera I bought new, LOL!). I didn't get a digital camera until the DS2 came out, which I used and abused for a year, then I upgraded that to a K10D last Friday, when they were released in Canada.

Well, it appears this wasn't quick , but 'Hi', and I look forward to talking with all of you .

Cheers!

12-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, welcome. We are looking forward to some of your one eyed visions.
12-03-2006, 07:50 PM   #3

Welcome

Glad you decided to join. Another of the growing number of K10D members.
Frank
12-04-2006, 12:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcom, clarenceclose & cencrunner!

12-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew Faires Quote
I've lurked here, pretty much since this site was started but have only gotten around to registerring today .

Anyways, I just thought I'd quickly introduce myself and say hi.

I've been shooting for around 10 years now, mostly shooting landscapes and (starting last year) birds/wildlife in and around the city. I started off with an old used OM-1, OM-4T, moving up to a Linhof Technika III, and once the kids arrived, an MZ-S (which was the first camera I bought new, LOL!). I didn't get a digital camera until the DS2 came out, which I used and abused for a year, then I upgraded that to a K10D last Friday, when they were released in Canada.

Well, it appears this wasn't quick , but 'Hi', and I look forward to talking with all of you .

Cheers!
Welcome fellow Ontarian!
You lucky dog, you, getting the first shipment of K10's
where did you pick yours up? I am on the waiting list at henrys. their first shipment only filled 2/3 of the pre-orders, and of course I am on the other 1/3
how close are you to Barrie?
12-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Slipchuck!

I lucked out but it had a price. In going to the Henrys (as opposed to getting it delivered), I made the mistake of asking about the 'lonely' DA 14mm on the shelf.....But it's a beautiful lens to shoot with

I'm about 2 hours from Barrie, in Guelph. I take it you're in/around Barrie? I'd take Lake Simcoe over Guelph Lake any day
12-04-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome on board. Now we can start a new religeon of k10d... (more is better)

Looking forward to your photograph posts!