Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Long time lurker... finally here!

So, I have put this off far too long. I have finally joined and feel good about it!

The reason I have waited so long is that I have been unsure whether I should keep all my Pentax gear or do the drastic measure in switching to the Canikons. I didn't want to join then leave right away.

I have decided to stick with Pentax for sure now. Its been a long and hard debate with myself, but I just love the brand so much and the K7/K5 are two of the reasons I'm now staying. I don't have either of these yet, but soon... Right now I have a K200D and K100DS and a bunch of lenses. I do love my cameras but they are both a little long in the tooth for me.

I'm so happy to be here and appreciate this site.

11-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome. A good choice to stay with Pentax, now you can use all of those lenses (no matter how old) on your soon to be new K7/K5. There is a ton of useful info all over this website so be sure to take some time and explore as much as you can and do not hesitate to ask if you cannot find the answer.
11-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard. I've been with Pentax since 1981, but have also had Canon. To be honest, even if Pentax disappeared, I would never unload many of the items I have now.

I was a little worried after the K20d, but we have seen some great movement the past 12 months. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes up in the next 12 months.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.
11-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hey, thanks for the warm welcome!

You can check out some of my photos here:

RYAN SIMON - PHOTOGRAPHY