Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Greeting from Toronto, Canada

Hello, everyone...
I recently bought white K-X with kit lens as my sub camera gear.....
I love it so far since I can take it anywhere with me... (It is probably easier to carry around with me if I buy pencake lenses.... lol$$$)..
Anyway, I am so excited to use many good manual lenses from pentax....
If anyone knows where I can find many old manual lenses, please help me..~ (I am new in Pentax.....) . . . .

11-05-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to Pentax and to the forum!

Af far as finding good manual lenses, the most reliable place is probably here in the marketplace. You'll get honest prices and descriptions, no steals one way or the other.

Other than that, ebay is a fair bet, and maybe you can find stuff in local photo shops, thrift stores, or garage sales.
11-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

You can find a lot of manual lenses on kijiji. Just put an alert and everyday you will receive email about who is offerint it . I am in Montreal and I receive at least 2-3 alerts per week about peoples selling their old gear
11-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Greetings from a fellow Torontonian. Hope you enjoy the forum, there is a user group that meets once and awhile. It's nice to get together with fellow Pentax users.
Toronto Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com

11-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #5

Hey I am new and from Toronto (just about) as well. I m looking to buy a Pentax 67 and plan on using some of my pentax m42 lenses on my Sony NEX as soon as it is delivered. Waiting for mail is not fun. haha
11-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
Site Supporter

welcome

I think many brick and mortar stores in t.o carry used manual lenses some will have pentax Im sure. henrys does I believe
11-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
welcome

I think many brick and mortar stores in t.o carry used manual lenses some will have pentax Im sure. henrys does I believe
First off welcome follow Canadian.
Second which TO brick and mortar stores other than Henry's carry them. I'd love to know that information. Making a trip out to TO this weekend and I would love to raid some stores for lenses.

11-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Not sure to be honest but there are maybe half a dozen within the same area you can check out

Henrys, Aden, Vistek, Downtown Camera, all in roughly the same area. Not sure which carry used pentax other than Henrys call first
11-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Downtown Camera carries some used Pentax gear with erratic stock. Henrys used prices are often absurd and they moved their used discount store from downtown to Mississauga a couple of months ago, but it doesn't hurt to check.
11-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Wow, I didn't know there are so many pentax users in TO... Thanks for warm welcome messages.... I usually find pentax lenses on online like Kijiji, Craiglist, or e-bay..
you can try pawn shops for the used pentax lenses nearby downtown Henrys.. or Henrys Outlet also has some pentax used lenses.... Otherwise try garage sale or big camera shows...
11-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm looking aqt paring mine down a bit, before I post on CL I'll PM you with what I have, I'm right downtown