Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #1

G'day from the Gong

Wollongong, NSW Australia that is.
I'm a retired old techie that has recently re-introduced himself to the 110 cassette format. I split or slit my 35mm films into 16mm strips of appropriate length and reload the 110 cassettes with B&W film then develop myself and scan the results into my PC, with a modified 35mm negative holder.
I now have two Pentax auto 110 cameras but my most recent acquisition has a problem with either the shutter or the light meter. The light meter shows > 1/30 th sec shutter speed regardless of the light source and the shutter when fired stays open until the batteries are removed.
I have other 16mm cameras but the Pentax is so delightful to use, and I would love to get the second one working.
So, I am happy to pull them apart and attempt a repair but a little knowledge goes a long way to help. So if anyone has any ideas as to the cause, I believe that the auto 110 super had shutter problems, I would welcome any information.
I have a collection of cameras with a lot that I have repaired myself but the little Pentax is my camera of the moment.

Dai.

11-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A warm welcome to another Aussie member. Our numbers on the Forum are rising all the time.