Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New Pentax Shooter

I'm new to photography as well. I've always had a passing interest, but I've gotten more serious with the birth of my daughter (now almost 2 years old) and a baby boy due in April.

My K100D with the kit lens came in on Friday, and I have an ME Super SE film camera I've been shooting for the past three weeks. I also have a KX on the way that I won on eBay. To me, the older film cameras are much more satisfying to shoot and require more thought be put into each shot. Plus the old Pentax M 50mm lenses are fun to use - so smooth and sharp. But I also like the instant gratification of the LCD on the back of my K100D, so it looks like I'll be lugging multiple camera cases around.

I'm also interested in setting up a DIY portrait studio in my home, so if anyone has tips for lighting and backgrounds on the cheap, I'm all ears!

12-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. I believe you can take some of those older lenses and use them on the K100D. See if you can get some sharp photos of those little people.
12-05-2006, 07:10 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clarenceclose Quote
Welcome to the forum. I believe you can take some of those older lenses and use them on the K100D. See if you can get some sharp photos of those little people.
Thanks. I will have to take some time this weekend to work with my old lenses. I'll bet my 50mm 1.7 would take a nice, sharp picture on the K100D.
12-06-2006, 12:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see pictures of your family!

12-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and congratulations!
I am sure once you get to know the k100 it will be every bit as satisfying as your film camera.
Digital great with kids.... instant results.

looking forward to meeting them through your photos

cheers

randy