Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
Inactive Account

New member from Peterborough, UK

Hi All,
Having visited this forum a few times I think it is time to join in and participate. I have recently renewed my enthusiasm for photography and joined the digital revolution.
I first got involved in photography nearly nearly fifty years ago (time flies) and my first SLR camera was a PraKtica as at the time I could not afford a Pentax! I later bought (for a very good price) a second hand Leica M2 and started doing my own processing in my home made dark room. I then got into colour slides, dabbled with cine film when the kids were young, but due to demands on time as well as other interests (Hi-Fi, Computing etc) photography took a back seat.

In recent years I have used a point and shoot digital camera but got frustrated by its limitations. Now that I am retired I have time so I am back to proper SLR photography with the great benefits of digital processing.

It is good to see that this forum attracts members from all over the world. I enjoy travelling and spend 6 weeks every year visiting my Australian grandchildren. I am looking forward to exploring the full potential of my Pentax K10D and I am already succumbing to the dreaded LBA.
Archie

09-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
Igilligan

Howdy Archie,
I am two days new here myself and I just want to reach across the threads and shake your hand.
What do you like to photograph?...
I have two little ones, so many kid snaps for me. And the three B's BUGS BIRDS BLOOMS, with a cat thrown occasionally.
Welcome
09-22-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Greetings Archie! I saw Peterborough in the header and dove in to see who was the new member from Ontario. Whoops, I forgot about the other Peterborough. Anyways, my friend, welcome aboard. You'll find this a friendly place to talk about Pentax cameras and to show off your creative abilities.

See ya in the forum.
09-23-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Howdy Archie,
I am two days new here myself and I just want to reach across the threads and shake your hand.
What do you like to photograph?...
I have two little ones, so many kid snaps for me. And the three B's BUGS BIRDS BLOOMS, with a cat thrown occasionally.
Welcome
Thanks for the welcome and greetings to you too as a fellow newcomer. It seems a friendly place here. I used to photograph the kids - it is grandchildren now - as well as places I visit - I travel quite a bit. Being retired I have time to try out new things - macros, photomicrography etc.
Archie

09-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Greetings Archie! I saw Peterborough in the header and dove in to see who was the new member from Ontario. Whoops, I forgot about the other Peterborough. Anyways, my friend, welcome aboard. You'll find this a friendly place to talk about Pentax cameras and to show off your creative abilities.

See ya in the forum.
Thanks for the welcome. I have not been to Peterborough, Ontario though I have been to St Petersburg, Russia. St Peter seems to have had quite a few places named after him!
Best wishes,
Archie