Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2007, 06:03 AM   #1

New K100D owner from Vancouver, BC

Hello all.

I'm glad I stumbled across this awesome forum. I'm only 2 weeks into owning my first DSLR, a K100D, and already I'm on eBay looking for new "old" lenses

I've gotten dust in the viewfinder already... managed to clear it out by removing the focusing screen (thanks to a thread on this forum showing clearly how to accomplish the task) and blowing the dust away.

I've also cleaned my sensor once. Not a proper cleaning, mind you, just gave it a good blow with a rocket blower.

As for picture taking skills, I have no problems admitting that I have none. I took a photography course as part of my high school syllabus about 25 years ago (which should give people a clue to how old I am) and pretty much shelved that knowledge till now. Every camera I've bought has been used in "stupid" mode... i.e. the Auto mode. Every camera, that is, except the new K100D. I'm glad to say that I haven't used AUTO-PICT mode at all with it.

In any case... I'm hoping to ask a lot of questions from the experts on this forum, so I apologize in advance for what may seem like dumb questions.

Thanks.

09-24-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome ZoomZoomFan!

Glad to have a fellow newbie K100d come on board. I think you'll find the "old" lenses are still some of the best! I really love autofocus, but when I see opportunity for a great shot I always switch to my "old" lenses.
09-27-2007, 02:24 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome matiki

I've just today picked up an SMC-A 28mm f2.8 lens. Very eager to see what its capable of. Manual focus though... shouldn't be a problem.

I'm also eyeing an SMC 100-300mm AF lens, or maybe a Tamron AF28-200mm.

All used... all at quite reasonable prices. In all, I'm thrilled with this camera and the fact that I can buy just about any K-mount lens out there.

Last edited by zoomzoomfan; 09-27-2007 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typos