Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2007, 07:50 PM   #1

Mabuhay! from Manila, Philippines.

Okay... that was cliche. :P

Hi everyone, I'm Michael Arcilla from Makati, Philippines. I've been shooting for about five years now - though most of that has been with a Nikon Coolpix 995. I've been wanting to get into SLR photography for the longest time, but just couldn't afford them... until now.

I recently got a hold of a new K10D kit. The shop owner even threw in a SLIK U8800 tripod, a 4GB SanDisk Extreme SD, a Sunpak 383 Auto and an extra battery. All for the amazingly low price of... 500 USD! (at 46 Philippine Pesos to the dollar) I was giddy with joy for the next two weeks.

I'm ridiculously trigger happy now, averaging close to 150 shots a day (RAW). My wife says I love my new camera more than I do her. Funny, she said the same thing about my new laptop! Hahaha! Seriously, though, I'm really enjoying shooting with this camera, and I'm now on a bad case of GAS. I recently picked up two lenses off ebay (a 28/2.8 and a 50/2) and I'm looking for more!

...any Manila shooters from here want to tour me around Hidalgo? ;-)

10-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome

Welcome Michael! What a great deal you got on you K10D. I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

Scott
10-07-2007, 05:25 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Welcome Michael, I am sure you will love your K10 and perhaps hook up with local Pentaxians there.Can you tell me where you got the deal?, its an absolute bargain compared to the Canadian prices. My wife's friend is going for a 4wk visit there and told her to look for a good deal on the K10 as he is interested in getting one himself.

Cheers,

Rene R
10-08-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Michael. Will the wife say that if the pictures you took were of her and especially if you put her in "good light".

She probably won't let you share her pictures in the forum but you COULD try. Of course, we could all answer back..."What a beautiful wife you have!" We won't by lying but it would probably make her feel good.