Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #1

Hi there, I am Cappi!

Hi guys,

My name is Cappi(Martin is my real name) and I am quite new here. Registered just couple of days ago. I was really happy that I found this forum because I think of migrating into another brand family. Your Pentax family. I am owner of D40 for a year and a half. But I cannot help myself, I am really a lot attracted to this brand. My friends have k110, k200, k-x. I really do love the K200D and its 18-250 lens. When I hold the K200D, just wow.

Well as you can assume from reading I cannot afford something more advanced as a student so I wanted to begin with something very basic. I am closing to 10 000 shutter counts and still rising Nah, I know it is not about actuations, just a joke I would like to switch during spring and my fav would be K200D or K20D. Sure I would prefer K20D! I watch e-bay, amazon and this place very regularly to know how is the availability of used pentax cameras.

Yet I am not decided about the lens I would use. But there is really enough time to decide. In the meanwhile I try to read as much as I can to posses some knoledge I will need later

Well I will create my album and share some photos. But from what I have already seen I would rather not to share because I am afraid you would not like it Heh, everybody begins somehow. I got some HDR and nature pics I find quite fine

Speaking of photography I would like to improve in photoshop picture editing because I do everything else but not photo editing.

Mentioning my photography skills. Well to be honest I don't have much good-composition photos taken. Really a few So I read articles from specialized websites and what's the most important I keep trying when I go out with my camera

I guess it would be all. Hope my english was not hard to translate it into the real english

Greetings from the Czech Republic,
See ya around!

12-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums :-)
12-03-2010, 03:18 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Howdy

Hopefully the switch bodes well for you in the future, the 40D is a great body especially for a student.
12-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by skeetinyournose Quote
Hopefully the switch bodes well for you in the future, the 40D is a great body especially for a student.
I hope you meant Nikon, not Canon 40D

Thanks all of you

12-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome along Martin!

Glad to see you're heading towards the light! I'm still using a K10D quite happily, still takes a great shot!
As a student the k20 is probably a pretty well suited pick, though with the release of the k5 and kr prices on all other bodies seem to be tumbling down to quite affordable prices too.

Good luck with the hunt for your new kit.. You should find just about anything you're searching for here!

Doug