Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #1

A big hello from the Queensland, Australia

I just discovered this site. Woohoo
I upgraded from a Fuji S5600 a few weeks ago. My K100D is my first DSLR.
So far I have been mostly learning, everything from the techs of the camera to all the different lenses(old and new) to photoshop. I'm sure I will find lots of interesting things here.
Cheers

09-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome and hello don't forget to check out the gallery lots o' good pics ( and mediocre like mine ).
09-27-2007, 12:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome along, shame about the Cowboys in the NRL, but it serves them right for beating the Warriors!
09-27-2007, 02:28 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by leanneqld Quote
I just discovered this site. Woohoo
I upgraded from a Fuji S5600 a few weeks ago. My K100D is my first DSLR.
So far I have been mostly learning, everything from the techs of the camera to all the different lenses(old and new) to photoshop. I'm sure I will find lots of interesting things here.
Cheers
A big hello right back at ya. Glad to see the K100D is popular down under. I might be moving to QLD in a few months time. Hoping to take some spectacular shots down there with my K100D.

How's the used lens market in your neck of the woods? Many used camera shops around? Do you find yourself buying mainly off eBay-ers based in the States?

09-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #5

Original Poster
thanks for the welcome

and to zoomzoomfan,

I haven't yet researched the used lens market much. Only looked through ebay so far. I would love to know if anyone from the GOLD COAST area knows anywhere to find some used lenses.
10-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome Leanne ... used lens are hard to come by ... I suggest the Marketplace on here ... or going to Cash Converters and checking out what that have (usually poor condition though).

Pretty much down here it is hard to come across anything .... Ebay might be the saving grace though.

If buying new .... buy from the US ... it works out much cheaper than buying from anywhere in Australia.