Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax latest (last ever?) film camera?

hi all Pentaxians out there:

have a question that's been bugging my mind for quite some time:

what was (is?) Pentax's latest (last?) film camera, any format / all formats?

is it still being manufactured too?

any kind of replies, especially those with proper links is highly appreciated.

thx.

12-06-2010, 12:45 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. It may pay to ask your question in the Pentax Beginners Corner as you should get more responses there.
12-06-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I believe it was the *ist, and you can read about it here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-autofocus-film-slr-camera-reviews/...ntax-*ist.html
12-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wshi Quote
He said Film Camera, NOT Digital Camera

12-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Uh, that *ist IS a film camera. Take a look at the back of the camera in the review posted above.
12-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
Forum Member

oops, my mistake!
12-12-2010, 03:45 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Uh, that *ist IS a film camera. Take a look at the back of the camera in the review posted above.
thx for the reply.

yes, *ist is the last one i know of too ... only i was wondering if there are others as well as i lost the track of *ist and any other Pentax film cameras after *istD came out ...

i also know it wasn't Pentax's 'flagship' film camera although it is a good one ...

is it discontinued or still produced?

12-12-2010, 03:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. It may pay to ask your question in the Pentax Beginners Corner as you should get more responses there.
thx eaglem for the reply. but i'm not a newcomer to the forum and been here for quite a while now. i'm not a 'beginner' in photography or with Pentax cameras either! been a Pentaxian since the 1970s, started with Spotmatic SV, and then jumping on the fabulous MX (had two of `em!) plus different lenses and other goodies, a few of which i still own today btw ...
12-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by penties rider Quote
thx for the reply.

yes, *ist is the last one i know of too ... only i was wondering if there are others as well as i lost the track of *ist and any other Pentax film cameras after *istD came out ...

i also know it wasn't Pentax's 'flagship' film camera although it is a good one ...

is it discontinued or still produced?
Discontinued... Pretty sure that it was the last in production, but some older models released before it might have hung on a while longer. But it was the last new model they came out with in 35mm film SLRs.