Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2010, 06:34 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from Queensland, Australia

Hello all,
I get my 2nd hand K10D (but only with approx. 3500 shutter count) next wednesday.
I have been searching online (mostly ebay) and have three lenses so far and have sourced so far a SMC Pentax DA 18-55mmF3.5-5.6 AL (brand new in box), a Sigma 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6 Macro and a Sigma APO Zoom Macro 70-300mm F4-5.6.

Additionally before i found the K10D i got the 18-55 mentioned above and the K10D comes with another 18-55 on it lol.. I may keep it (as a spare) as it seems to get reasonable reviews for a kit lens or i could sell one of them.

I am looking forward to using the K10D and have enjoyed reading a number of posts in here.. very informative. I have printed out the K10D manual already for a bit of light reading (lol.. 240 pages.. but i am loving it)

I am looking to buy a camera bag and tripod as the next gear that i need. I like to hike and take photographs so any suggestions for a bag and a reasonable tripod would be great. I am a mature age student so ... yean not too many $$$.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Any Pentax people who are close and wanna swap stories and glory over our Pentax gear pls. send me a msg. see if we can meet for a cuppa.

regards,
Johno.

12-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! A K10 with only 3500 actuations is a really good find and it sounds like you have a nice starter kit so you will be ready for most any situation. As for a recommendation for bag and tripod, I suggest searching in the camera and field accessories section or in the accessories review section. There are a ton of ideas there depending on your budget. Good Luck and Enjoy!
12-13-2010, 11:52 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks..

Hey Thanks for your Welcome, KXBlaze.
2moro I pick up the K10D yay.
Looking for a fast-ish 50mm now for portraiture etc. & sharpness. Manual focus is fine, there seems to be a few online from time to time.
cheers,
Johno.
12-14-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
Site Supporter

A warm welcome from another Aussie. Great to have you aboard.

Sounds like a great buy K10d with just 3500 actuations. seems to me you have set yourself up fairly well, for a good start. Look forward to seeing some of your shots.

Don't be afraid to show them or ask advice, There is a wealth of info here from a top bunch of blokes and sheilas.