Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
New to pentax and this forum

Hello from rainy Oregon. I am awaiting the arrival of a K5 with the 40 and 77 lenses. Started with Canon gear until a trip to Europe, hauling all that STUFF, made me realize that smaller can be better! Bought an EP2 and love the portability. Really missed the prime image quality, so had a wild hair and bought a M9. Alas, while image quality and ease of use were outstanding, I frequently had trouble with seeing well enough to focus accurately and, the biggest deal was hauling around a $7000 camera - worrying about scatches,etc. So, I sold it and have been shopping for my next camera. I am really excited to get the K5 and see how it works. No stores around here carry it, so Amazon it is! I am very impressed with this forum: the attitudes and layout seem excellent.
Thanks for listening!

12-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and for your thoughts on photography and cameras. Please enjoy your stay.
12-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome! That is quite a camera history you have. Hopefully the K5 will live up to the Leica (I'm sure it will). I was brand new to the world of photography when I got my Kx and joined this forum and have learned so much from the people on here. I hope you get the same from it. Enjoy!
12-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. First time Pentax user myself. Just got my K-x a few weeks ago and have really been enjoying it. Good luck with the new kit.
Kent

12-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome and good to see that you picked some nice lenses. I would have chosen the FA 43 over the DA 40 but I think the latter is no slouch either.

I think very few lenses can reach the stratospheres defined by Leica glass but the FA Ltds should be worthy contenders.
12-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #6

hello and welcome
02-04-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. The Da 40mm is a very compact lens paired with the K5 is a very small set up for traveling. The 77mm is a very nice lens. I am looking to buy one myself. I hope you find this forum useful. You can also find tons of gear advice as well as on sale. Hope to hear from you about your impressions about the K5 compared to your experience with Canon and Leica.