Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #1

Newbie from PA

Just found this site, so I thought I'd register. I have a DL with the 18-55mm kit lens, 50-200mm, and 50 f1.4. I also have a sigma super flash.
I'm trying to convince my wife to let me buy the sigma 24-135mm f2.8-4.5 lens and also either the k100d super or k10d body.

09-29-2007, 03:43 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Good morning and welcome to the forum. I know you will like it here and you will find everyone helpful. I'm from Lancaster and also have a DL and will be getting a new K100 within the next couple of weeks. I have used BrendanPK's K10 and I do like it very much but I find for the way I shoot and what I shoot I only need the K100.
Good luck in convincing the wife. I know the feeling very well. I have been trying to convince mine to let me get a couple of lenses but she knows the effects of LBA I didn't have to try real hard in telling her I wanted a new K100 I need the SR.
There are a few of us that get together and get out and do photo shoots in different locations during the year. We have done Washington DC and Gettysburg. Some of us met and went to Ellicott city MD. and had some fun walking around the town and getting some great shots. Brendanpk is from MD. and he and I have done Strasburg and the PA. Ren Fair this year and are talking about Doing a fall shoot in VA. (Shenandoah Valley). You and your family are invited to join in and get together with the rest of us on any shoot. Most shoots for the group are posted here on the forum and we hope you will join in.
David
09-29-2007, 05:54 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks. I might have to try and get with you guys some time if I have some time. Working 2 jobs and having a 16 month old son, makes having some free time a little hard.
I'm really not sure what new body I want. I know I'd like the SR on the new camera's and that why I want a new body and also the autofocus is kinda slow for me on the dl.
I'm going to try and get the lens for xmas and a new body for a birthday present for me in Jan. I'm going to have to read up on the k100d and also the k110d and go from there. After reading up on the k100d super on here, I don't think spending the extra money for that is worth it right now.