Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I give up !! You lost me somewhere in the white-water.

I've been trying to understand the difficulty you're presenting us with here. On the one hand you say you sometimes have a compulsion to take a vast number of shots willy-nilly and then again you are experiencing difficulty in storage. The two go hand in hand surely. Without some form of 'discipline' in your shooting, then this will always happen. I'm NOT saying you should restrict yourself in any way however. Just maybe a simple plan ?

Perhaps you see yourself as a opportunist/spontaneous type who will eventually get the shot of a lifetime from all that volume, or there's a sentimentality there that every shot taken has a value and must be preserved. Of course the other way of looking at it is - you are female - I've never understood those.

12-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fotaki Quote
I give up !! You lost me somewhere in the white-water.

I've been trying to understand the difficulty you're presenting us with here. On the one hand you say you sometimes have a compulsion to take a vast number of shots willy-nilly and then again you are experiencing difficulty in storage. The two go hand in hand surely. Without some form of 'discipline' in your shooting, then this will always happen. I'm NOT saying you should restrict yourself in any way however. Just maybe a simple plan ?

Perhaps you see yourself as a opportunist/spontaneous type who will eventually get the shot of a lifetime from all that volume, or there's a sentimentality there that every shot taken has a value and must be preserved. Of course the other way of looking at it is - you are female - I've never understood those.
Meh. I'm just lazy and don't want to clean up my harddrive. And I have 80 million excuses for it. So I just preserve it for posterity so that my sister's daughter can just toss it when I die.

I do take a ton of shots, often there's a reason for them. Whether it's a good reason or not remains to be seen. But I do agree, I should restrict my shots and delete bad pics.