Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Pacific Northwest

Greetings fellow Pentaxians,
Like some of you I'm coming from the "other" forum looking for a different experience.
I've dabbled in photography since my high school days thru college using a film SLR. I became quite interested in the digital revolution a while back with the advent of the Canon G1. I've been a Pentax user only since March of 05. Intrigued with the size quality of the *istDS, it became my first DSLR. It didn't take long for LBA to set in and I've since collecting several lenses. Earlier in the spring I started gettting interested in Nature & Wildlife photography with emphasis on birds. Thus the quest for increased focal length.
I'm life long local resident of Seattle, Washington. I look foward to sharing images, tips and techniques with folks here.

JayT

12-07-2006, 04:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here better than the 'other' forum which seems to be getting worse by the day...
12-07-2006, 04:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Jay. It's pretty easy going over here.
Cheers.
12-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome, welcome. I look forward to seeing your bird pictures.

12-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #5

Hi Jay!

Here's a hearty welcome from the Eastside. Have you tried the walks around Juanita Bay Park? Lots of sightings of redwing blackbirds, herons, swallows, and an occasional eagle. Plus lots more.

I'm looking forward to getting a decent zoom to help in taking pictures there and up along the Skagit river during the eagle season. I once saw 10 eagles soaring along a hillside all at the same time.