Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
Forum Member

New KX shooter

Hi!
Picked up a K-x in early September, and I've been enjoying the hell out of it. I've been taking photos for quite a while, but never really seriously. I'm getting more serious, though - leading to the DSLR purchase.

I've also started collecting old lenses - Love the old Super-Taks, and the early SMC primes. I scour pawn shops, craigslist, and second hand shops for deals on dusty old diamonds. This has been all kinds of fun!

About me - I'm currently a CIS student, and I'm working an internship with Intel. This has been an eye opening experience, and Dilbert has gotten a lot funnier. I enjoy photography (duh), programming, and gaming.

My flickr is Flickr: SgtKash's Photostream

Thanks!

12-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! That's one thing I really like about Pentax also is the enormous amount of old "good/great" lenses that still fit a brand new body. There is a ton of useful info all over this website so be sure to take some time and explore. Enjoy!
12-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, I love the hunt for old lenses as well, though ebay and craigslist are last resorts as I usually do better in thrift shops yard sales etc
I've shot pentax for close to 40 years on and off (amongst other brands) and the old lenses are one of the things that keeps me here. the fact that the cameras have always with few exceptions seemed to be designed by photographers rather than engineers (like the current crop of canons) makes them a joy to use.