Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2007, 05:32 AM   #1

Hi; I am Harvey Williams a new member from Mississippi,

I have been a Pentax owner for for about 25 or 30 years.I first bought a Pentax K1000,And I liked it so well I decided to take it back and upgrade to a Super Program SLR,I bought the K10D DSLR about 2 months ago and I am still reading and studing the booklet of instructions that came with it.I didn't realize how much it was to learn in order to get good at using this Camera.I would sugest to anyone that buys the Pentax K10D to really study and learn all you can about operating this fine Camera.
thanks for any Ideas that you other members have found.
Harvey

10-02-2007, 05:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard Harvey!!! Look forward to seeing your work here
10-02-2007, 06:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the Forum Harvey - you've picked the best and the friendliest.
10-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
Site Supporter

K10D Book

Welcome to the forum. I have learned a lot just reading posts, but before that I was lucky enough to realize that the manual was not going to teach me nearly enough about the K10. I was looking for help when I ran across Yvon Bourque's book. It has been my constant companion ever since. I highly recommend it.

Good luck,
John

k10dbook home

10-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Harvey: Welcome aboard from one newbie to another (I joined a couple of days ago). BTW, where is Tinsley? I grew up in Hattiesburg, MS and graduated from USM (class of '70). I actually started there when it was Mississippi Southern College (1961), and took a little tour with the Navy then back to school.

I bought the K100D about 3 weeks ago, and like you, I have been spending a lot of time reading, and re-reading, and re-reading stuff in the manual. I also purchased the K100D book from Yvon Bourque and it is terrific. Well worth the $25 I paid for it.

Enjoy your camera and enjoy the forum. I have enjoyed both immensely.
08-23-2010, 02:33 AM   #6

Original Poster
Hi cardinal43;
Sorry about the lapse of time before my replyabout Tinsley.Tinsley is southwest of Yazoo City about 10-12 miles from Yazoo City,up in the hills between Highway #3 and Highway 49S.It's where oil was discovered before world war #2.It is just a small peaceful ,quiet community now.Blink twice and you will miss it,ha ha
catch you later
muddy-toes
08-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by muddy-toes Quote
Hi cardinal43;
Sorry about the lapse of time before my replyabout Tinsley.Tinsley is southwest of Yazoo City about 10-12 miles from Yazoo City,up in the hills between Highway #3 and Highway 49S.It's where oil was discovered before world war #2.It is just a small peaceful ,quiet community now.Blink twice and you will miss it,ha ha
catch you later
muddy-toes
Jesus:

THIS IS THREE YEARS AFTER YOUR ORIGINAL POST!!!

I have GOT to party with YOU one day.