Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2011, 03:47 AM   #1

Hello everyone, Pentax newbie just arrived

Hello all, I have just invested accumulated birthday and Christmas money in a K-x kit, with the 18-55 and 50-200 lenses. I'm an old 35mm SLR owner from long ago (longer than I care to remember actually) when I had a Canon FTbn (sold long ago), and an Olympus OM10.

My only digital experience is with an Olympus compact. I am impressed with my Pentax, build and handling seem very good, and I'm just waiting for the opportunity to get out in the countryside to start shooting. Depending upon how well I get on, I may even post some of my shots for some constructive criticism.

Pete.

01-06-2011, 05:09 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Greetings

Hi and Welcome!

Please post some pictures.........

We'd love to see your results........
01-06-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome and congrats on the purchase, I'm sure it'll impress you.
Enjoy the forum and see you in the critique forum.
01-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
Ira
Inactive Account

Welcome, Pete.

I'm 53, and if you're anything close to that, we'll teach you the secret handshake.

I have the K-x, so if you have any questions that you may feel funny posting, feel free to PM me.

01-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Welcome, Pete.

I'm 53, and if you're anything close to that, we'll teach you the secret handshake.

I have the K-x, so if you have any questions that you may feel funny posting, feel free to PM me.
There's a secret handshake Ira, I guess 50 is too young huh

Welcome to the forum Pete, and please post some pictures there's lots of different spots to do it
Ira BTW is one of the resident K-x experts, and if you want to know anything about using trashy old lenses (that are far from trash) he's pretty on the ball as well

And since you live in the UK keep your eyes open at the markets and boot sales
I picked up my m series 50 f1.7 at portobello in october for a mere 10 pounds
01-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #6

Original Poster
Hi Ira, well at 55 I guess I'll be needing the secret handshake (along with a Zimmer Frame soon too ). I'm sure I will be coming to you with K-x questions soon!

Thanks Eddie, I was thinking about boot sales, it's surprising sometimes what people don't realise they have isn't it?

Postumus and Ash, thanks for your welcomes.

Pete.