Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2007, 05:34 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
New member from Gloucester, Virginia

Good Morning. I've been a lurker here for a while and finally decided to join up. There seems to be a lot of good info on this site.

I shot 35mm for years with an ME Super (loved that camera), and last Christmas my wife surprised me with the K100D/ 18-55mm zoom kit. I love the fact I can use all my old lenses and such. I recently picked up the 50-200mm zoom and would like to get the P-FA 1.4 50mm standard lens to round out my kit. Eventually, I may also get the AF-360FGZ flash, but that's low on the totem pole right now as I mostly prefer nature photography and landscapes. I've become a shooting fool with this camera. Hey, it's only electrons.
The camera takes great pictures, my only complaint is how Pentax wiggled out of giving me my $50 rebate.

I've been shooting for almost 25 years, including developing and printing my own black & whites. Two of my latest prints took a first and second place recently in a local photography contest.

10-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Greetings from a fellow Virginian (Gainesville). I am also a newbie here on this forum. Bought my K100D Labor Day weekend and I have been spending a lot of time reading about it and playing around with it. I'm happy so far.

And like you, Pentax is trying to screw me out the $50. They claim I never sent in the UPC, while in fact, I stapled it to the rebate form. It's a p*issing contest at the moment, but I don't think I will get the $50. Bummer.
10-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Welcome to the forum Glouster and Gainsville from another Virginian.
I'm Kenn and I reside in Norfolk ,Va. I have been here at the forum for awhile and I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I do. Lots of good folks here from all over the world.Much to learn.See y'all on the forums.
Kenn