Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cheers from northern Ontario, Canada

Hey all, I have always enjoyed photography, both in theory and in practice, but over the last two years I have started to take a personal interest in the art of photography. A long time ago I had a Minolta XG which I used for at least 20 years. A couple of years ago I discovered the joy of Pentax’s point and shoot, seriously enjoyed my Optio 10 and then my Optio 80. Living in the wilderness of Ontario’s north I cannot help but love landscape, wildlife and most things macro. But what inspire me most are the intersections between nature and culture. The images I will ask critique on are my beginner efforts over the last few months, most likely taken with the Optio 80. Just to complicate my life, my partner (Norm Head) gave me a Pentax K-x for Christmas and I am learning to see all over again. It is a fun learning curve and I know I will gain tons of insights on this forum. So thanks in advance. I look forward to meeting a few kindred spirits!!

01-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome. My wife's family was originally from N. Ont, starting from Barrie and moving northwards. I used to do weekend canoe trips to Algonquin.
01-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the Welcome trang. I looked at your gallery and love your eye and skill with "People" ... and your notes are often touching as well. A very special picture of your son too, where you are focussing on his eyes. Priceless!
01-10-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums :-)