Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pacific Northwest Guy

Thanks for the welcome to the forum. My wife and I will soon be purchasing the Pentax K10D. In fact, we intend to get two... and share lenses between us. We've done a good deal of research and like what the K10 has to offer. I'm hoping I can learn from the experience of others in this forum.

All the best.

JamesD

10-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You'll both enjoy your new cameras - welcome to the forum.
10-05-2007, 07:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome. I see you are in Portland. We're in Seaside! Small world.
10-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum, from another coastie!

10-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Fritz. We drive down to Tillamook often. Love the Blue Heron for a quick lunch. It seems to me that your section of coast line is a bit more interesting than our own. What sort of things do you do to keep yourself active in picture-taking? I find myself growing weary of the same beach and the same fir trees.
10-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #6

Hi PDX over here welcome rp
10-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow. I can't believe all us Oregonians in one forum. I feel right at home now. My wife and I are still researching cameras and the Pentax K10D is at the top of the list. This is after a month of fairly solid reading and asking questions. The only reason I've hesitated is that I'll be buying two since we're both fairly keen on photography and sharing a body between us just wouldn't work. So I don't want to rush into such a large investment just yet.
10-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #8

Welcome from Boardman, OR.
Jump on those K10Ds. They are terrific!
John

10-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
Thanks, Fritz. We drive down to Tillamook often. Love the Blue Heron for a quick lunch. It seems to me that your section of coast line is a bit more interesting than our own. What sort of things do you do to keep yourself active in picture-taking? I find myself growing weary of the same beach and the same fir trees.
The Blue Heron is one of my favorites for a lunch stop. Excellent sandwiches and salads!

Much of my photo activity takes place around family activities. I have two boys, 8 and 10. All the different activities that they are involved in keep me snapin away with no lack of material.

The beaches of course are lovely, and I have lots of "beach" type pictures. I am still learning how to make the most of my equipment, and surroundings since moving to digital in June. I never seem to lack things to photograph, and have probably shot more frames in a few months with my k100d then I ever shot with film.
10-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #10

Sorry for the late addition. I just got back from a vacation in Yachats. For those not from the US, this is a small town on the Oregon coast. We went down there for storm watching, and wound up staying an extra day due to the wind storm that went through this past Thursday.

Had lots of fun taking pictures with my K10D, and also borrowing my wife's Optio M30 to take movies.
10-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ah... Costco HQ! Your near my wife's son then. He works for Microsoft.

Thanks for the welcome. I hope you were able to make some great images and won't mind posting them.