Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hi everyone from a soon to be k5 owner

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and a soon to be k5 owner, a little about myself:

21 and in my final year of study at university, studying Business Management and Human Resource Management. A football (soccer) fan.

With regards to photography I've always loved taking snaps on my camera phone, in Nov 2009 I decided to get a Panasonic G1, amazing camera but ultimately sold it and got an LX5 as I decided I wanted portibility the most. However I miss large sensor bokeh and recently used a D7000 for a week and found it amazing, but loved the ergonomics of the k5 more and think it'll do what I want better than the d7000 (small portable, relatively lightweight package with IS for lowlight work), not to mention pentaxes amazing primes! So here I am about to buy a K-5 and just looking for advice before pulling the trigger.

I'm looking forward to contribute to the forums after my purchase, making friends here and learning from you all as I'm still relatively unexperienced compared to the majority of users here. I like taking photos of objects (seems to be mainly flowers), candids/portraits and I'm interested in getting into street, land/cityscape photography. Finally I love bokeh!

If anyone's interested my flickr the links here: Flickr: vincechu89's Photostream

have to admit I havent updated for a while (been too busy at university and a bit lazy too) and I think I need to "go pro" otherwise flickrs "show recent 200 photos" thing kicks in soon for me.

01-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! The K5 is an amazing camera and this forum can be just as useful in helping you become a better photographer, so be sure to take some time and explore this website as much as you can. Enjoy!
01-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome, I'm sure you will love the camera (there really isn't much about it not to love)
good luck with the rentry to slr ownership

the small limiteds (whether DA or FA) make great street/cityscape lenses
not to mention all the amazing and for the most part cheap older lenses (my whole prime kit (14,28,50,55,100,135,200) cost less than an FA77, and it includes a DA14 bought when they were new and $150 more than now)
01-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vincechu Quote
I like taking photos of objects (seems to be mainly flowers), candids/portraits and I'm interested in getting into street, land/cityscape photography. Finally I love bokeh!
Flowers: DA 35mm
Portraits and bokeh: DA 70mm

01-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Enjoy the forum. You'll get lots of suggestions - ultimately get what *you* want to get the results *you're* after.

Landscape stuff, you'll want something wide, like a 15 or 21 limited. (May as well get the whole DA limited series!)