Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Howdy from Houston, Texas

I keep winding up here when doing google searches for various items -- few of which are directly Pentax-related -- and it finally dawned on me that I should probably go ahead and register here, especially since I now own a couple of Pentax cameras and a few lenses for them. The cameras are old ones: an MV that a fellow gave to me, and a KX that I won at auction. I admit to being very fond of the old KX and I'm glad to own it.

Most of my other gear is either Canon or Nikon. I have an EOS outfit, which includes an Elan IIe and an XS DSLR. And I also have a Canon FD outfit with an F-1 and an FTb, and I have a Nikon outfit, which includes an FE and an F2. Oh, come to think of it, I also own a Bronica ETRSi outfit, and a Yashica Mat . . .

So anyway, currently, I have only two Pentax-dedicated lenses -- a 50mm f/2 and a Korean-made Kalimar 28-200mm zoom. It's just okay -- the zoom, that is. But I have a few Tamrons and an adaptall-2 mount for Pentax, plus I have a couple of long T-mount telephotos, and I have a T-mount for Pentax as well. So "a few" ends up being a relative term.

Okay so I'm glad to be here, and I think I'm about to resurrect a stale thread which a google search uncovered because I have have specific questions on the topic that weren't addressed so far in the thread. Or maybe I should just start a new one.

See you on the boards.

01-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Welcome to the Forums! Looking forward to your contribution!
01-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum!
01-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. I also joined because searches kept leading me here. It's a great community and resource.