Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2006, 05:50 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentaxing and joining the club

Greetings from Northern Virginia!
I just purchased from Penn Camera the exciting new 10D with Tamron XR Di II 18-200 lens and the battery handle from Adorama. Looking for the right lens combination, but felt the Tam would be a good start. I do alot of race car driving instruction so my pictures are usually very fast "birds"

I have enjoyed the FZ30 Pany, but realized I needed to get away from digital delay and I think the 10D should be perfect, provided I can find some longer lens when they become available.

I am amazed at the low light capabilities of this camera compared to other digitals I have owned FZ30 and Canon Pro Is, so I have finally made the grade.

I also enjoy DPReview, and despite the attacks Phil Askey receives in how promptly he prepares a review, we are all anxiously awaiting to see if he really does appreciate the value of the 10D. I am sure it will reach Highly Recommended status since the K100D reached that status.

Looking forward to sharing some pictures and learning lots from the members here.

Phil

12-08-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, and congrats on your purchase of the K10D! It's already "highly recommended" on most sites that have reviewed it

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-08-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard. We will get to see some of those zooming metal glass and rubber birds, right? Looking forward to it.
12-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome!

nice to see you joining the wonderful people her. It is worth your while

cheers

randy

12-09-2006, 01:43 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard Phil,
I know you will enjoy this forum as much as DP and congrats on the K10, a wonderful camera. I'm hoping to see some of your shots posted here. This forum doesn't move as fast and our layout is much better than DP which I'm sure you will find. You will also find most of the old crowd from DP here and posting as well.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David