Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #1

Another Newbie w/ pics

just wanted to pop in and say hello
Im reading and trying to learn as much as I can. I just got the K100D and I think Im in love
here's a few shots Ive taken...be gentle, Im a total newb.
Im trying to read and research and learn as much as I can.

yeah, i make soap too...

friend's baby

another friend's toddler

wow...that was all oddly random lol

anyway, hope to learn more here...thanks for listening...err...reading!
~Nik

10-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome.

Nice shots. I like the sunflower, though I am not usually fond of large empty space.
10-07-2007, 04:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

welcome to the forum Niki, hope you find your time here rewarding......looks to me like you have a grasp and a vision.....good luck
10-07-2007, 04:33 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Niki. Hmmmm, your knowledge exceeds mine. Nice group of shots ALL well presented and executed - i'm jeleous.

The halved choc fudge or whateverit is - is a little dark and I think it could use some light on it - don't ask me how, I'm not one of the knowledgable people here.

The flower has a white area below it which, takes away from the picture.

Care to share what you did for each shot, especially the Chocolate and Tomato shots.

Thanks.

10-07-2007, 04:47 AM   #5
and
Veteran Member

If these are newbie shots then I guess we have a lot to expect from you in the future.

So, I'll take one of 'em choccolate thingies. Not the half one please, I am not on a diet.
10-07-2007, 05:31 AM   #6
Inactive Account

These shots are excellent, Welcome and enjoy your new Pentax.

Cheers,

Rene R
10-07-2007, 05:46 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks all for the warm welcome!
I searched many a photography forum and decided on this one because of the excess of Pentaxium =)

As for the shots, lets see....the chocolate (I agree on the darkness comment) was shot in an inexpensive, bough on ebay, 16" nylon light tent, sitting on a patio table in the afternoon sun in macro. Thats it.
The soap was taken on my dining room table on a cloudy day near a northern-view window. Had to brighten that one up a bit....also in macro, I believe.
The sunflowers were outside with me on my belly shooting upward. That unfortunate white space below the big flower is a cloud. If I knew more about CS2, Id fix that. lol Altho, I did up the saturation (figured that out) a bit to excenuate the sky.
The baby announcement was the first thing I really did with that camera. I have some decent shots of her, one of these days I'll have to load them up so I can get some editing critique.
The tomatoes....again the cheapo light tent, outside, full sun....on that one....I figured out how to cut the tomatoes out of the pic and place them on a pure white background, just to see if I could do it....and I almost have some hair left after pulling it all out after that venture.
The pic of the little boy was a fluke....Im still not sure about that one lol.

again, thank you all!
looking forward to learning much here =)
10-08-2007, 08:10 AM   #8
Veteran Member

And the chocolate didn't melt!!!!

Soap!!!! I thought it was cheese.

Again welcome to the best and the friendliest.