Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Big Hello from new Pentax owner in "The Sticks", Ontario, Canada

Hello Folks!
Just a brief hello and introduction! I am an on-line seller of handmade artisan style jewellery who has recently become a photography enthusiast by virtue of necessity (and interest too ). I have recently purchased a Pentax K-r, a good solid mid-range DSLR with a couple of, hopefully, appropriate lenses. I intend to use my camera for mainly jewellery photographs for internet publication, and also for general enjoyment and use . I live on a horse/sheep farm and have 4 dogs who, I am certain, will most definitely fall victim to my camera lens. I previously owned a base level Canon DSLR and jumped ship after espying some great photographs taken by a similar Pentax camera. I am a beginner photographer at best and have fumbled my way through the first 4 months of "running" my on-line shop with very limited skills. I am gradually improving through trial and error and could surely use some advice from time to time; hence, my visit here. I am very interested in Macro photography.. That's my supposedly brief story so thanks for sticking with it and reading
Have a great day!
Wendy

01-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome :-)
01-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good having you here.
Enjoy the forum and your K-r.
Look forward to seeing the scenes from your part of the sticks (we call it 'the bush' down under )
01-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. IIRC there was a thread here not too long ago discussing jewelry photography. If you use the search function you might find it. Have fun with your photography!

01-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are in commuting distance of Toronto you might consider joining the GTA group: Toronto Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com

There isn't a whole lot of activity, but there are generally 2 or so Toronto Pentaxforums.com meets a year (whenever somebody feels like organizing one). They can be a good place to try out equipment owned by other members that you wouldn't necessarily find at retail stores.