Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #1

Hello from PA

I am a PGA Golf Professional and bought a K-x last October and still learning the camera! I can't wait for the weather to break so I can get out! I am looking to take pictures mostly of golf courses and outdoor related subjects! I have found a lot of useful information on here and look forward to all the great help I have seen from other users! And if you need any Golf Advice Please Ask!!

Thank You,

Brian D. Potts, PGA Professional
Twitter: bpottspga

01-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! I am a golf amateur with a Handicap of 20.4 looking to bring that down to about 15 but my putting is keeping me from doing so. The Kx is a great camera and this forum is a great tool to learn to use that Kx so be sure to take some time and explore as much of this website as you can. Enjoy!
01-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here Brian.
Thinking of endorsing Pentax in your tours?
01-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Brian! Looking forward to seeing some of your shots. Good luck in the tour!

01-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #5
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, Brian!

For golf shooting, I would think you definitely want to have an ultra wide angle (UWA) in your bag, like the Sigma 10-20. I don't know anything about golf (although where I live all of my friends play every day), but a UWA is fantastic for those on-the-green shots. The Pentax 10-17 is great too, but the 10 gives you a fish-eye look which while really nice for some shots, you're not going to want it for EVERY shot.

And I actually do need some golfing advice:

How do I keep the windmill blade from knocking the ball away from that little door I'm trying to shoot into?

If you have any tournaments lined up for South Florida, we can discuss it over a beer.