Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #1

Hi there, newbie K-X owner from the UK

Hi there all

My name is James and i come from the UK

I have just purchased a Pentax K-X DLSR and a couple of DA lenses, to further my hobby in photography, to replace my old Lumix FZ18 camera and olympus 1.7x teleconverter.

My mum has passed onto me all her old Pentax camera gear from the late 70's and i have discovered manual focusing using the old SMC lenses.

Looking forward to reading through the forums for help and advice with my new toy.

Best regards and thanks for the great forum

James

01-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums.

I bought my K-x in Dec. 2009 to replace a Panasonic FZ-8 & Olympus 1.7x teleconverter. I still have a FZ-5. There are times a pocketable super-zoom comes in handy. Good luck avoiding LBA.
01-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi PDB, I joined today as well. The old SMC lenses are lovely, aren't they? I've had my k-x about two months, and I much prefer them; I think I have more control over what I want to get. My advice as someone new to the camera? Centre-point focusing unless using LV, works for me so far. Also, pick a lens you really like, and stick with it, it's easy to get confused between them at first. I pretty much only use my 24mm at the moment, It's got a lot to teach me. Oh, and find a couple of things in your house and take a few shots of them each day under different light and using different settings (esp iso and stops) on the camera and lens, this has given me a pretty good feel for the camera already.
01-22-2011, 06:19 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hi there all

Thanks for the warm welcomes, boriscleto ive already started on lens buyers anonymous, they are so cheap

thanks for the great advice wildweasel, good luck with your k-x mate

james