Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Lurker saying a late hello!

Hi all!

First, I'm sorry for not stopping in to say hello when I first came in. I have a terrible habit of reading, reading, and reading but never posting.

I am a 39 year old, hobby photographer in Southern Wisconsin. I really started shooting a few years ago. First with a k100 super and then I switched to a k200 when they came out. I recently purchased a KR to add higher ISO shooting, and the extra frames per second could be a real blessing at times.

I spend most of my shooting time outdoors looking for wildlife or interesting buildings and scenery. I took up the hobby as a way to hang out with my father as he picked up the hobby a couple years earlier. We occasionally go for a drive together looking for cool old barns, eagles, or migrating cranes.

He decided to go with Canon, but I knew better I figured for far less money I could go with a system that could utilize all those great old lenses from years gone by. I haven't been sorry. Pentax has made me a believer with every new model I have owned.

So, anyway, I'm here...

HI!

-Marc

01-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Well, sounds like you've been around here for longer than I have but I'll say, "Welcome to the forum" anyway. That's cool you have a hobby you can share with your father.
01-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the best user site I've ever come across! I miss the days growing up in North Dakota driving around taking pictures of farmsteads, barns and the badlands.

Be sure to post some pictures for us!!!
01-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome here Marc, and thanks for joining us!
Hopefully you won't miss the weather sealing of the K200D much with the K-r...
Look forward to your contributions.

01-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, Marc! My son thinks I was smart to choose Pentax.
01-21-2011, 07:12 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Hopefully you won't miss the weather sealing of the K200D much with the K-r...

I don't think I will miss the weather sealing much. I never had weather sealed lenses anyway, and I don't really trust the seals to be a guarantee against trouble, just a possible slowdown of dust and moisture entering spots it shouldn't be in.

I will just shoot with a towel over the camera and lens if I need to be in a little light rain, or I will add a shooting bag over the whole works if it is worse. Of course if it is really bad conditions for a camera, it usually means it is too bad for me to be shooting in anyway

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I will try to post a little, but I usually feel most others here know more than me so I really don't have a lot to add that hasn't been covered.

-Marc
01-21-2011, 07:19 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, and let's see some shots. the one post you can be guaranteed no-one else can contribute is your photos