Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2011, 01:27 AM   #1

delurk and intro

I have been lurking for while, waiting for the money to arrive which will allow such things as new cameras.

I have been taking pictures since 1969 when I was 5 years old. I owned my first camera about a week after shooting my first roll using either my mothers Yashica-G TLR or my fathers Kodak brownie (cant remember which was first).

I bought my first camera in about 1973, a Yashica-D (which I still own, use, and can barely tell it has made thousands of pictures) and my 2nd a Rollei SL35-M in 1979 for the total solar eclipse in North America and was on a chartered flight over Seattle.

There have been many other cameras from Rollei, Pentax and Fuji over the years and many of those still get dropped into a bag now and then.

I have made a great deal of money taking pictures over the years, and as digital started rearing it's head I found myself both disliking digital, and having some life issues which kept me out of it.

A friend recently gifted me a PHD digital which broke me of my dislike of the format with it's (almost) usable 15 second exposure.

I started searching and came across the "K-x is king for long exposures..." thread here and fell for a camera that is doable and outperforms my wildest dreams for digital.

I guess we will see were this leads now

01-28-2011, 03:33 AM   #2

Welcome! That thread "K-x is king..." is a great testament to that camera. I enjoyed that thread quite a bit.