Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Are SLR cameras dying?
Definitely yes 316.67%
Not so fast 211.11%
Cheap SLRs are still better than cheap DSLRs 15.56%
SLRs are like vinyl LPs: never loose their charm 1266.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #16

Original Poster
Eddie,
firstly, thank you for taking my idea as a not the worst one.
Secondly, yes, I was closely familiar with Soviet rangefinders which I had a lot.
I even used to repair some of them for myself...50-40 years ago.
Unfortunately, now, particularly after 9/11, my life has imposed on me too many limits so I have to use the rest of it mostly for writing, to express what still sits hidden between my cerebral gyri -, rather than on repairing cameras that are now used mostly for window collections.

Last edited by ConstIva; 02-01-2011 at 04:41 PM.
02-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #17
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ConstIva Quote
Does somebody have or know a person who has a completely inoperative, not-repairable and ready to be thrown out Pentax SF-10 body that still looks like a photo camera rather than as a piece of scrap-heap, I'd appreciate to get it (I'll pay reasonable shipping cost) because I want my grandchildren to disassemble and re-assemble it while having my perfectly working Pentax SF-10 in front of them as a pattern to follow.
You could post a Wanted thread requesting your desired gear, and you may be surprised at the response.
02-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

よろしく, ConstIva! You seem like you'll be a fine addition to the forum (and an amazing grandfather).
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #19

Original Poster
uccemebug,

本当に宜しくお願いします。
此処に日本語の話す人を合うと本当に嬉しいですよ。

I like your Web site.
You can take a look at my Website which I designed, created (except for some images) and coded by myself.
The URL address reflects exactly what you'll find over there:
http://www.PoemsAndReflectionsConstantineIvanov.com
By the way, please (if possible) let "the woman of your dreams" read my haiku in Japanese and read my translation of them into English and let me know what you think. As well as my translation of old Russian texts of then-prohibited-in-the-USSR Russian spiritual music into both Japanese and English. If it's not too much to ask for...

Last edited by ConstIva; 02-01-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: some addition
02-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
You could post a Wanted thread requesting your desired gear, and you may be surprised at the response.
This would be a good Idea. I have a broken MX I'm trying to decide whether to fix or not
If not I'd contribute it (film rewind has come off the top so back is sealed shut. If I can get it open I'll replace the knob myself)
02-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
"You could post a Wanted thread requesting your desired gear, and you may be surprised at the response."

Great idea, Ash. Thank you.
02-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #22
Veteran Member

本当に宜しくお願いします。
此処に日本語の話す人を合うと本当に嬉しいですよ。
そですね。日本語上手はなせません、ごっめんなさい。五年東京にすんでいましたけどぜんぜんならいませんでした。

pentaxforumのMike Cashが日本語上手話すできます。かれはいい人です。

I like your Web site.
You can take a look at my Website which I designed, created (except for some images) and coded by myself.
Thanks for the compliment. I like the graphical concept of yours, it makes navigation a little less rigid.

By the way, please (if possible) let "the woman of your dreams" read my haiku in Japanese and read my translation of them into English and let me know what you think. As well as my translation of old Russian texts of then-prohibited-in-the-USSR Russian spiritual music into both Japanese and English. If it's not too much to ask for...
I've passed it along to her and my "emergency backup wife", a friend who used to be a translator. The English stuff is good!

02-03-2011, 05:10 AM   #23
Veteran Member

ConstIva;

My "backup wife" says:

"Interesting poem! When translated into Japanese, though, some of the lines
are difficult to make sense.... Sometimes because the word orders become completely opposite. Does that make sense?"

If you'd like to have your work verified quite cheaply, have a look at ????? - Social Translation Service. I got some work done for ~$3. It's "crowdsourcing".
02-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #24

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
ConstIva;

My "backup wife" says:

"Interesting poem! When translated into Japanese, though, some of the lines
are difficult to make sense.... Sometimes because the word orders become completely opposite. Does that make sense?"

If you'd like to have your work verified quite cheaply, have a look at ????? - Social Translation Service. I got some work done for ~$3. It's "crowdsourcing".
Hi Michael,
thank you for your interest and advices (which I am going to follow.)
What "interesting poem" are you particularly talking about?
As for haiku, I wrote them originally in Japanese and then translated into English and my native Russian.
That's probably why your "backup wife" (I like your expression; I called my brother's wife "my step-wife" -) found them difficult to understand.
Hopefully, my English translation "makes more sense"-
But I dreamed about my understandable Japanese, though...
02-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #25
Veteran Member

What "interesting poem" are you particularly talking about?
I'll ask her. I suspect she meant "poems".

As for haiku, I wrote them originally in Japanese and then translated into English and my native Russian.
You're a talented linguist!

That's probably why your "backup wife" (I like your expression; I called my brother's wife "my step-wife" -) found them difficult to understand.
Heh heh! I guess I've got one of those, too. She's an artist.

Heidi Van Impe - Home