Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #1

New to slr and pentax

Hello All

I just moved up to my first dslr and chose a pentax k-r. It just arrived on Wednesday. I'm already researching new lenses. I would like to use the camera for landscapes and to capture photos of my friends whitewater kayaking. Guessing there's not one lens to cover both of those

02-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Forum Member

Welcome!

I will let the more experienced Pentax members address your lens questions.
02-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The DA 18-135 WR might be just the lens you are looking for. Or maybe the DA 18-250. Remember that the K-r is not a weather sealed body so you are going to need to invest in a good dry box for kayaking. There are other kayakers here who might be able to help you with that. Just type kayak in the search box up in the right corner. Welcome to the forums and be careful of the LBA.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax