Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey from Alabama

Well I guess I should introduce myself....

I have been lurking around the forums for a few months and finally joined up about a month ago. I read reviews and researched different cameras for about 6 months, had my mind set on the Nikon D3000 then I ran across the Pentax K-X and fell in love. I got my very first DSLR for my anniversary, after begging pleading, and dropping some serious hints with the hubs. Basically I was sick and tired of getting blurry pictures of my 3 very young, very active kiddos and fake poised pictures of my bonus daughter (you know, fake smile and turned head every time she noticed the camera pointed at her). I currently have the K-X with the 18 - 55mm and 50 - 200mm kit lenses, I just ordered and should receive a Tamron 28 - 200mm today. So when I post pictures, mostly expect kids, cows, and woods because well, I am in rural central Alabama!

02-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome from a fellow Alabama member. That is also one of the reasons I went with the DSLR to keep up with my kids. Enjoy the K-x!
02-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! My first ever DLSR was my Kx also and 75% of my photos are of my family. No kids of my own yet (still pretty young) but have nieces and nephews coming in numbers I cannot fathom. Just a little advice, that Tamron 28-200 will completely replace the Pentax 50-200 so I would consider selling/getting rid of that lens to maybe fund a new/used lens. Good Luck and Enjoy!
02-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Good to have you here. Look forward to your rural US images - the kind of stuff close to my heart.

02-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #5

Original Poster
I just posted some pics in my album that I took today in our downtown park. BlueBubbleBoy, what part of Ala are you from?

Here ya go Ash, the first 3 are all at the house we are building now (out the kitchen window, front door, and "walking trail" between my house and my mom's) the last one is the sunset out the back door from the house we have for sale!
Attached Images

Last edited by rachcobb; 02-11-2011 at 02:19 PM.
02-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rachcobb Quote
I just posted some pics in my album that I took today in our downtown park. BlueBubbleBoy, what part of Ala are you from?

Here ya go Ash, the first 3 are all at the house we are building now (out the kitchen window, front door, and "walking trail" between my house and my mom's) the last one is the sunset out the back door from the house we have for sale!
I'm in the Huntsville area. We've lived here about 5 years now. Looks like you have quite the nice setting for your new home. Congrats!
02-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you, I am just north of Montgomery but have family in Guntersville and Cullman and my cousin is waiting on his oral interview with the Huntsville PD!