Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #1

Hey folks ..... !

I am a newbie to the world of photography and a big fan of pentax, Originally from India I Have been reading a lot of forums and discussions regarding every DSLR brand. I am yet to purchase my first DSLR and looking forward to make pentax as my first DSLR choice. I am here to know more about pentax as well as to learn many things about photography and camera gear.

02-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums. One thing that should be a big consideration in the region you live is the weather sealed bodies. You live in a fairly humid area I think and this could be a big plus.
02-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hey Thank you peter .

Yeah we live in a fairly humid area and that that is definitely a big advantage, but one of the biggest hindrance is that pentax does not have any set-up here in India inspite of having a huge market and demand for pentax.
02-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fantaxian Quote
Hey Thank you peter .

Yeah we live in a fairly humid area and that that is definitely a big advantage, but one of the biggest hindrance is that pentax does not have any set-up here in India inspite of having a huge market and demand for pentax.
Welcome, mate. Yes, quite a few of the Indians on this forum have made the same comment. Perhaps you could organize a letter to Pentax between you, asking them to consider setting up an agency in India. It's potentially a huge market for them.
Looks like one of the weather-sealed Pentax models is the go for you. They're all excellent and should give you years of enjoyment.

02-16-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I'm also in an area with very little support and have done everything online. Purchases from this marketplace, Ebay and from B&H etc. It's never once been an issue. I wouldn't let that hold you back.
02-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wombat Quote
Welcome, mate. Yes, quite a few of the Indians on this forum have made the same comment. Perhaps you could organize a letter to Pentax between you, asking them to consider setting up an agency in India. It's potentially a huge market for them.
Looks like one of the weather-sealed Pentax models is the go for you. They're all excellent and should give you years of enjoyment.
Yeah Wombat I had thought of sending an email to pentax telling them to consider getting their set-up in india as there is a huge demand for pentax here, but then I wasn't sure if they would even read my email . Now It seems that I should atleast give a try.

@ Peter

Thanks buddy, Yeah I have seen a lot of Indians buy from this forums. But right now at this moment I am really tight on budget and besides I Will also have to pay around extra 80$ for shipping, besides I don't even know the custom rules and procedure here. I am totally inexperienced and a little skeptical of getting a DSLR from outside India more so due to my tight budget at this stage. I will definitely go for Pentax once I have enough money to invest. I personally want to own pentax gear and be a proud pentaxian .

Regards moneyspinner.